Monday, June 23, 2008

23 June, 2008: TUSENFRYD

In spite of the grey clouds, I drove to Tusenfryd this morning. Tusenfryd is an amusement park located close to Oslo. Of course, I got in with a senior discount admission price. For a small park, it had 3 substantial roller coasters. I rode them all! My favorite was “Thunder”, a wooden roller coaster with plenty of air time. Their latest coaster, is a LIM launched steel coaster that accelerates to 55mph in 2 sec. The bumper cars were great. About an hour after I arrived, it rained hard for about 20 min. The Norwegians take the rain in stride. They patiently wait for the rain to let up, & they continue having fun as soon as possible. I left happy & I was greeted at the hotel with sunny blue sky weather. Now that's a rare occurance around here lately!

Click on any image to view a larger version.

No comments: