Wednesday, June 25, 2008

A DRIVE TO KALMAR.

Nothing unusual about the drive to Kalmar. As I drove south through Sweden, I came to a detour leading the traffic away from the main highway we were traveling on. At each change of direction there was an orange arrow directing the traffic back to the highway. Except at the on ramp I had to use to get back on my route, making me go an extra 20 miles. I eventually got back on track & arrived in Kalmar with no further problems. My hotel for tonight is located on the main square at the center of Kalmar. After I put my luggage away I went for a walk in old Kalmar. I wandered around thinking there is nothing really outstanding in this city. Then I found the Kalmar slott (castle). A fine example of an old castle with ramparts & a moat. This trip is coming to an end, tomorrow I will return to Gothenburg where I began this journey almost 6 weeks ago.

Click on any image to view a larger version.

No comments: