Sunday, June 22, 2008

22 June 2008: OSLO, NORWAY

I rode the T-Bannen (train) to Oslo for a quick visit. I left the underground station & wondered toward the water front. On the way I visited the city hall, the pride of Oslo. Built in the 1920’s, incorporating works of art created by Norwegian artists. Next I walked by the harbor on my way to see the Akershus Fortress & Castle. I took the small passenger ferry across the harbor to a place called Bygdoy. Here I found the Norsk Folkemuseum, a collection of historical buildings representing different places in Norway. Before I went back to the hotel, I spent time at the Norway Maritime Museum. By the end of the day it was raining again. I’m beginning to look forward to going home to Tracy, where it’s hot & dry!

Click on any image to view a larger version.

No comments: