Friday, June 27, 2008

27 JUNE, 2008: THE JOURNEY ENDS IN SWEDEN

All things come to an end, as does this trip. I’ve traveled 6500 driving Miles in 6 weeks & I’m ready to go home. This morning, I had the 6 weeks of grime washed off my Volvo & drove to the Volvo Visitor Center to make arrangements to have my car shipped home to California. The estimated delivery date is 14 august 2008. I hope I can have the garage cleaned up before then. Volvo arranged transportation for me to return to the Radisson Hotel in Gothenburg. After getting settled in, I decided to take a walking tour of the city. Before I left the hotel, I found a rack of tourist information in the hotel lobby. I picked up a map & studied the brochure for the Liseberg amusement park. From my pre-trip research I was aware of this amusement park & I thought it would require a trip on a trolley or bus to get there. I then studied the city map. There it was not far from the hotel. Liseberg was within easy walking distance from my hotel. So I went there & enjoyed my last afternoon in Europe in an amusement park. Tomorrow, I start my return trip home.

Click on any image to view a larger version.


No comments: