Wednesday, October 15, 2008

OCTOBER 14, 2008

By the Sea.

What a beautiful day! Perfect for a drive along the Pacific coast. There was plenty to see. The blue ocean on the left & the rugged golden mountains to the right. While I loved the twisted coastal Hwy 1 along the Big Sur area, I did not like the several stops for road maintenance. It’s important, the wet season is coming soon, a severe storm can often wipe out sections of this road. I like spirited driving on these twisted roads & I can get annoyed with some slow drivers. For example the guy from Mississippi who rode his brakes while I was behind him. The odor of hot brakes remained in my car long after I passed him. I there aren’t many mountain roads in his part of the country. I ended my drive in Monterey, CA. I took an afternoon walk to the harbor after I checked in to my motel.



Click on the image to view a larger version

No comments: