Wednesday, September 17, 2008

SEPTEMBER 16, 2008

Washington coast.

On this day the scenery was beautiful & the drive was long. While I started out early this morning, there were enough delays to make the 330 miles traveled seem long. First there was the 1 hour wait for the ferry boat (I arrived early). It took 30 min on the ferry & there were countless traffic delays along Hwy 101. I finally arrived at my destination at 6:00pm. I stopped at Crescent lake to take in the scenery & capture some images. Later, it seemed crazy to make the effort to pass slower traffic, because it all caught up at the construction road stops. At least they were behind me. I was expecting to see the sunset over the Pacific Ocean at Long Beach, WA. Unfortunately it was too foggy to see anything. This cool damp weather hear is such a big contrast to the dry hot conditions of the Nevada desert.

Click on the image to view a larger version.

No comments: