Saturday, May 31, 2008

31 MAY 2008: A rainy day to the Airport.

Today was just a drive day. We left the hotel at about 11am & drove straight to Gonesse (near Charles de Gaulle airport). It rained hard in the mountains west of Metz, France. We soon discovered that we were on a toll road & had to stop & pay several times. These roads are OK for making time, but they don’t go near anything that might appear to be worth stopping for. I will try to use more modest roads in the next few weeks. Throughout these first two weeks, Dennis has been the driver & I’ve been the navigator. Unfortunately, Today was Dennis’ last day. I’m driving him to the airport tomorrow morning so that he can catch a plane home. I’ll miss him a lot after he leaves. Well, now I’m the driver & navigator. Wish me luck.

Click on any image to view a larger version.

No comments: